Go see the star page for lots of talk about these guys.
- Five stars is my strongest recommendation for a book.
- Excellent. Four and a half is even better than 4 stars.
- Really good. Hitting the four-star threshold means that I’ll actively recommend this to others, saying ‘this book is really good’.
- Three and a half means ‘This was good, I want more from this author’.
- Three stars is the top tier of literary junk food. Good junk food.
- Literary junk food. Dead average books merit two and a half stars.
- Two stars is my ranking for below average, and heading for disappointing.
- Beware Less than two stars. Why bother being more precise?
This is a classification scheme in-progress.
Heh – time on my hands. Playing with my content management sandbox here, don’t mind me.